I got this brainy idea that I could put the chicken wire under the floor of the craft room. So I start by shoving the roll of chicken wire under the wall and push it with a rake to unwind it, as it keeps winding back up I use the rake to hold it in place while I proceed to go and crawl on my elbows and my huge bousom, inching my way up to where the roll of wire is, then pulling on it to try and get it to the other side of the building. I would then roll over and try to tack it along the way while waiting for my dizzy spell to stop a sec, then only to realize where I am and start breathing rapidly because I am also claustrophobic, and when this settles just a bit I attempt to staple up some wire only to have the gun shoot out 3 to 4 staples at a time.
By now I'm getting so exhausted from the struggle of trying because no matter how hard I tried, I was not going to be able to do this. As timimg has it, I get a call from my hubby asking how I am doing, and as I explain that I am no longer a spring chicken and tell him of my failed attempts at trying, he and his buddies at work are laughing their tails off as he is sharing my dilema with them.
This is why the insulation company sent two young hotties to put the stuff in, which is why it only took them 30 minutes to do. Oh... to be young again.
After finally giving up the underside, I proceeded to go inside and paint the walls. But with my arthritis aching up again, I was only to finish two walls this day and the other two the next. By Wednesday it was just the floor left to paint and it is now going to be a couple of days for that to dry as our nights are once again down in the low 20's.
This shows a touch of the floor color, I just need to finish a small area by the door and wait until it is all dry before I move in the big stuff.
So for now I think it is time for another cup of tea and come up with a plan on how I am going to sneak the new, old desk and cabinet I purchased at the Antique Mall last week, into my studio without my hubby's knowledge.
Stay tuned for that one. Bye for now from this.... not so spring chicken anymore.









2 comments:
Nice to know I'm not getting old all by myself. Your little craft cottage is coming along nicely. Lucky you!
Hey Girl Its looking good...Your hard work is paying off.. even if you are exhausted..Next month when its finished you can smile real big!
Cheryl
Post a Comment