I thought the girls could use a bit of a Fall treat.
But by the time I collected my camera they were all eating from the ground and ignoring the pumpkin.
I really must carry the thing around my neck if I expect to get some of the pics I want.
| Ol' Henry (right corner) and his girls |
And as long as they keep laying 8 to 9 eggs a day, I'll let them graze wherever they please.









4 comments:
Boy Gail. The "girls" really do like pumpkin and anything with seeds don't they? My girls get pasta left overs and love the leftover cooked oatmeal too. Our girls are spoiled cuz we love them so much! We don't have any of that snow stuff left and you can keep it over there ..okay please don't bring any here...? See ya Thursday.
Marvelous...I don't think anyone can take pictures of chickens or kids...they move too fast!
My girls really like leftover rice too. kpaints is right, chickens move too fast to get good pictures of them unless you lie down and wait - too cold for that now!
How many girls do you have now? I'm still at 5.
Yvette
Yvette, I have 19 hens and 2 roosters. Banties are in separate fenced area. I had 3 babies but 2 died. Hope the other new one is a girl.
Post a Comment