She was definately suprised as no one told her we were coming. My brother and sister cooked a huge dinner for all the family. There were about fifteen of us, I think, with everyone speaking to someone with lots of catching up on what they have been doing, lots of laughing and lots and lots of picture taking. My neice, Mary, brought this beautiful cake with a delightful cream center.
After everyone watched gramma open gifts some had to go home early because most had to work the next day. Faith and I had to get up early also to hit the road back home before the snow became impossible for us to drive over the mountains. (It rained through to Burns and then it was snow all the rest of the way home. It's been snowing ever since.)
Although it was only one day there, it was really nice to see everyone and to be able to be there for my Mother's birthday. I hope to suprise her with many more to come.
I'm just glad we were able to make it there and back before our Winter weather is really here to stay.









2 comments:
Congratulations, Grandma! How wonderful...I bet she just loved the surprise, my mom will be 89 this next summer. I love her plans for the next party...can I come? Ha!
Love your new header picture.
Thanks Karen. I'm still learning blogging methods and it will be awhile before I catch up to having it look as good as yours and others. Mother would love you to come along. The more the merrier.
Post a Comment