You know us farmgirls just gotta have a truck to call our own. Well, at least this farmgirl does. This is my new project, I mean, truck, for which I can haul horse manure, straw, wood, great finds at yard sales, and everything a farmgirl needs. Not bad huh?
Hubby says 'it's less wear and tear on his truck". Besides, I just want something I don't have to worry about gettin' hurt, if you know what I mean. Grocery carts and car doors are not always nice. She is a 1975 Chevy 4x4. I would have loved another old 69 Chevy stepside, but way out of my price range. Plus hubby says parts are a lot harder to get a hold of.
I plan to keep her black, but will probably do a flat black with maybe some hot pink trim. And of course I gotta have pink inside too, lots of it. You know the girly stuff. Can't wait to put my new farmgirl sticker and my farm chick sticker on her, but will need to wait for warmer weather now before I get her painted.
In the meantime, hubby is sure enjoying tinkering with her and putting nice upgrades of things under the hood and inside. Do mechanics ever really retire? I'm just glad I have someone here who can see what my new girl needs. He'll make sure she is in prime condition for me to drive this Winter.
I brought her home last Sunday from Lakeview, Or. Hubby says "you know, she'll drive a little rougher than your car cus' she's a 4x4 and a bit rougher on the road." I giggled so hard coming home cus' every little bump in the road, my girls (boobs) were bouncing bettys. I figured I'd loose a little on top before I got her home. Now that's my kind of exercise.
Once she gets a tail hitch on her, she'll be good for hauling around my vintage trailer or my boat. Just what this farmgirl is itchin' to do. Girl trip!
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
How fun is that? Congrats...nothing like a vintage rig to get us farmgirls all excited! Have fun getting her all glamped up!
Congratulations!
I love it!!! I have a '77 GMC in the original colors of yellow and brown (ugh). Mostly my camper is loaded on her, but can definitely be removed for work.
Can't wait to see yours in her spiffy new get up.
That's a great truck! You'll love having it...all yours! You sure have a pretty Fall banner! ♥
Post a Comment