Finally, a day of warm high 70's, no wind and beautiful skies. I feel like I've come out of hibernation from 6 months of Winter.
Today I planted a new apple tree, got my hands dirty in the garden, pulling weeds and planting Seeds of Change seeds of Fordhook chard, Tyee F1 spinach, collard, arugula, sugar pod 2 snow pea, redina lettuce and simpson lettuce. With all the yummy worms I've found I hope to have a nice plentiful crop of greens to start out my Spring veggie garden. Have you begun yours yet?
I have so many weeds to pull and beds to get ready, but believe me when I say I am one fat lady out of shape. I get so winded just doing 20 minutes of labor.
I started out this morning puttin up fencing to keep my dogs in their own space. I have too much invested in my yard for them to continue to dig holes and make the landscape that much harder to walk over. I have found blooms on my fruit trees just starting to come about. The smell of Spring is in the air with the different wild flowers and sage brush I can get wiffs of. I even brought out Ol' Henry my tractor and did some ground dragging of old dead brush on the property. Boy is there a ton of work there.
Oh, and I discovered today that so far I have two new baby banties that have been hatched. One is gray and the other white. Thank goodness that the weather has warmed up like it is. I feel I should'nt lose any to cold. There are two momma's that have been sitting on them this time. Taking turns to make sure they stay safe and warm. The one momma was just not a good momma the first time and we lost two of the three babies. Sure hope they are hens this time. Roosters have to go bye bye.
Well enough chatter for now, daylight is burning and I want to enjoy as much sunshine I can. Thanks for stopping by. Let's get outside and get our hands dirty!
Hugs,
Gail
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
I am north of you in Oakridge. Today seemed like a miracle...working outdoors in the garden. It was so hot...about 80. I am not used to that weather, I had to take 3 or 4 breaks to rest and cool off, I really felt that I was going to faint, or something. My face turned red and not from the sun. I also got things done...however there is so much to do. You know what, it does feel good to have gotten things done...even if there are several more days of work left.
Post a Comment