I've for years now said my memory is as long as my blink. Well I've blinked, Spring is here and I forgot to change the batteries in our smoke alarms. This I usually do every time we Spring forward on the clock and Fall backwards.
I was just telling my hubby the other day I had forgotton to change them, and still did'nt at that time either (blink, forgotton). So of course, at 5 am this morning we were pleasantly woken from a deep sleep of chirps going off. Sure enough it was the alarm in the living room reminding me of what I had forgot to do a second time.
Once up I begin looking for the needed batteries only to find some for the carbon monoxide alarm. The fire alarms will need 9 volt batteries which I will have to pick up in town tomorrow.
Tonight we'll sleep without beeping and pray there are no fires in the forecast. I'm just glad I had the gentle reminder to do what needs to get done.
Have you changed your batteries lately?
Sunday, April 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment