Friday, March 30, 2012

It's A Must Have

           Yeah, I know, I can't help myself. The ground is still too soft to be out trying to plant anything with all the rain we've had lately.
                             So what's a gal to do? Bake more cookies.

             You can't have an empty cookie jar, right?

            Especially if you're a Gramma. My granddaughter has always said "everytime I go to Gramma's house, she always has cookies in her cookie jar".

        I think I've been doing this since my granddaughter was born.
            Keeping the cookie jar full.

       She doesn't come over much since she lives hours away now, but I try to keep the jar full just in case. 

    With mine and hubby's sweet tooths (his more than mine), I'm always having to refill it on a weekly basis.

      With that being said, I have another new recipe I tried. This one I got off the Food network channel.

                            Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

                                       3 very ripe bananas, mashed
                                       3/4 cup shortening
                                       1 cup sugar
                                       1 tsp. vanilla
                                       1 egg

Mix the shortening and sugar together in a bowl. Add the bananas and mix, then add in the vanilla and egg and mix thouroughly. In a separate bowl add these dry ingredients.

                                       1- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
                                       1/2 tsp salt
                                       1/4 tsp nutmeg
                                       1/2 tsp baking soda
                                       1 -3/4 cup oatmeal
                                       1 cup chocolate chips

Mix all the dry ingredients together then slowly add a little at a time into the moist ingredients stirring after each addition. 

Using a cookie scoop (my first time using one) place onto an ungreased or parchment lined cookie sheet approximately  1-1/2 inches apart.











 Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.







  Remove from oven and let cool on cookie rack before placing them into your jar. Don't forget to at least try one.

     I think I'll put together a care package for my Granddaughter so she won't forget what Gramma's cookies taste like.

                        Hugs and cookies. They're a must have.

                                          Gramma

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have become quite the cook and baker ; Since I met you...Keep trying new recipies.Those cookies look yummy!
Cheryl