Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

Last minute decision as to what to fix for dinner last night, I threw the chicken breasts which I had thawed out, into a pot to boil. I then began cutting up some carrots, zucchini, onion and frozen green beans. I placed these into a pan of hot butter to saute.

Then I put together a homemade pie crust and set that aside. I then added some wine, vegetable broth, spices and cream to my veggies, then tossed in diced chicken, cooked it all down a bit and placed it into my pie shell and added a top crust. Placed this in the oven for half an hour and presto, dinner.

By no means would my pie win a 'pretty looks' contest, but after slicing off a chunk and taking a bite, yum!
Since I did'nt have the exact ingredients from the cookbook, I used what I had on hand. I did use the pastry recipe which makes a very delicious, flaky crust.

So once again, I put out a dinner that was not only fulfilling, but had plenty of  nutritious ingredients all in one dish. Love that.


What's for dinner tonight?
Leftovers.

No comments: