Sunday, March 18, 2012

I've been at it again

It's snowing outside and a good time to bake. But this time it's for a good cause. 

Once again I turned to Ree Drummond's cookbook "Pioneer Woman Cooks", and baked her Chocolate Sheet Cake (to die for) and made my favorite recipe for Peanut Brittle.  I also baked up Ree's Oatmeal Crispies cookies and her French Breakfast Puffs recipes. (These take me back to my childhood before sugar sweeteners and gluten free or whole wheat.) These are the real deal in ingredients. The kind you don't treat yourself to too often, if you know what I mean.

Now the cause I am speaking of is Relay For Life. I hope to sell these baked goodies tomorrow to help me raise enough money in order to reach my goal. If you would like to help me reach this goal, I've put a link on the right for donations.

I will be walking in this years relay in July. This will be my second time walking for cancer. I have reached $55 towards my goal and hope to be able to get closer to it with the sale of all my homemade goodies.

Besides, what I don't sell, I or my hubby, will end up eating and just looking at this stuff puts five pounds on my already robust figure. So keepin' fingers crossed I sure hope I make my goal. Everything is getting packed up ready to go.
oatmeal crispies
peanut brittle and french breakfast puffs
chocolate sheet cake
 Wish me luck and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: