Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Blog gone? No Way!

What a scare I got when I logged on and found my blog had some how said it had been removed. So first thing, after a bit of panic, I log onto blogger and ask what happened. Come to find out all I had to do was give them my cell number for them to send me a verification number, type that in and my blog was back. Thank goodness.
There were some things to look for that may have caused the problem, but of course I could'nt figure out how to get where they wanted me to look. Can't say that I like this new blog look. Heck, I just was figuring out the old one. Although, I am grateful to have learned from another blog a couple weeks back, on how to back up my blog. Something we all should learn to do.
Open your dashboard in blogger and click on Settings, then click Other, click Export blog,and click to download blog. Once downloaded you can click Open Containing Folder and view your downloaded file. It's that easy.
I guess if I have any more problems, I can at least find my blog in my documents file. It is just a scary thought to think of losing everything I have written.
Anyway, hope this might help you if you get in the same situation as I just had.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
Gail

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Been there done that! Did you also know you had squiggly words that have to be typed when leaving a comment...it sure cuts down on comments as they are so difficult to read!!