Our weather has really been cooling down lately and it feels like Fall is apon us. We have had rain off and on for the past three days and looks like it is about to rain again. When it is like this all I can think about doing is staying inside with a warm cup of tea or cocoa and looking through my MaryJane magazines and all of my old craft books for ideas to do indoors. I just received the Farm Chicks newest book called 'The Farm Chicks Christmas'.
There are beautiful pictures throughout, and the craft ideas are really neat. I love looking at the pics of how these ladies have decorated their homes and I hope to borrow some of their ideas as well.
As you can see, I have their 'In the Kitchen' book too and I love the ideas and especially the recipes that are tucked among the pages in both books.
My mind is busy with ideas and where to start.
I also borrowed my daughter's new book she just bought of Martha Stewart's called the 'Encyclopedia of Crafts'. Let me tell you there are lots of really cool ones in this book too. A few I am borrowing to make for the Luau party I am having for our chapter of farmgirls, in a couple of weeks. Some really cool shell ideas.
I have been busy setting up areas outside around my yard for camping trailers, tents, and tables for crafting and eating. The party will begin in late afternoon and into the next morning for those who are brave enough to spend the night in the country air (city gals seem to think it's too quite to sleep). Guaranteed to be a blast any way you look at it, with the gals that are in our group.
I went to Farmer's Market on Saturday and bought some green beans, red potatoes and some strawberries. I still have not been able to pick one thing from my raised garden bed. There are a few tomatoes on the vines, some squash and peppers, but our weather is not cooperating so they are just not growing much and ripening. This just reminds me how bad I need a greenhouse.
Some people are having good luck with their gardens, but the majority of people are not this year. Weather has been funny all over the place. It is suppose to warm up, yet again, next week. You just don't know how to dress around here, from one day to the next. I am NOT ready to pull out the coats just yet.









1 comment:
For the first time since late Spring, I broke down and fired up the furnace!! When I wake up to 55 degrees in the house I've had enough.
The only thing that is growing prolific in my friends' garden is zucchini! Tomatoes are just starting to flower - go figure. When you have some good sized tomatoes, pick them and put in on a window sill. It's the warmth that helps them ripen not the sunshine - I hope you know what I'm talking about ... LOL
Yvette
Post a Comment