Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Great Find


I set out looking for a sewing table last week and went into the Goodwill store and found an actual sewing machine cabinet with a very old machine inside. They were asking $45 plus another $17 just for the stool that went with the cabinet. I figured they're out of their minds, plus I would never use the old machine that was inside it. So after leaving there I went on over to hospice and my daughter found this desk sitting by the front of the store and I snatched it up real quick.
Heck, for only $8 it was a steal. I sanded it down a little and painted it. Thought a nice clean color with a little frill would do the trick. I think this will make a very nice place to sit and sew . I usually have my sewing machine on the kitchen table. When I do, no one can sit and eat at it as I always have material and such spread over the whole thing. This should help me to keep it organized and always up ready for me to sew. I can't wait until the paint finally dries to place in my bedroom and start sewing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! Good purchase.

Christine said...

I love this old table...I have something similar in my craft room but its black...found in the trash years ago. I have No shame;D Mine isn't as pretty as yours :D
So Nice to meet you! Will be back again for a visit!
Christine