Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's Snowing Again

It's already dropped a couple of inches,
and is expected to continue for the next week and a half. Ugh! Just when I was beginning to say Spring is really here. My bulbs are popping up, the grass is greening up and my trees are getting a few buds. Now I must watch the weather to prevent my plants from too much damage.

Oh well, I guess I will just keep myself busy trying some of these yummy looking recipes I have discovered in the 'Pioneer Women Cooks' cookbook.

This is such a beautifully put together book. I didn't put it down once I started looking through it and reading the stories about how she met her hubby and sharing her family with us, and I really enjoy her sense of humor and am literally drooling over each and every recipe.

I just can't wait to try some.

I love that she shows you each step with pictures as she adds the different ingredients.

Just look at how well she displays this recipe. (forgive my camera glare) I for one, love pictures in a cookbook. Not just to show me what the results should look like after I've made something, but I enjoy seeing them as I'm putting things together. I guess it helps me remember where I am in the recipe if I happen to step away.

I truly love all the color this book has. I think I will keep it open and on the counter to let it feel like Spring in my kitchen. Just look at some of these lovely pictures it has to offer.



Now does'nt that make you just a little bit warmer looking at all these bright colors? It sure does me.
Love, love, love this cookbook.
Thank you, Ree.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh, on the snow, we are having the same weather here, tons of wind, rain, hail and a bit of snow.

Love the beautiful cookbook, I so admire her photography...that looks like a divine book! Have fun...let me know when it is out of the oven!

Sharon said...

Hi, I just love Ree's Cookbook, her new one is on it's way to me...can't wait. I love photos and layout. All the recipes that I have made are very good. Is there are Fan Club??