Sunday, March 25, 2012

Thought I'd get a start on some Spring cleaning today. It is raining pretty heavy and steady so no need to be outside. Took off the shower curtains and all the bedding and have been doing laundry all morning. I decided while all that is getting done, I would prepare some Cherry Preserves from  cherries I had picked last year and pulled from the freezer. This is the first time I've used spices of cinnamon and cloves for my jam.
Found the recipe in the new canning book.

They just came off the stove and I've been listening to the nice sound of popping lids. After tasting some of what was left over in the pan, I was pleasantly suprised with the nice flavor of the preserves.

The dryer has finished a load, so its off to put up the shower curtains, maybe pull down the kitchen curtains and wait for the bedding to finish drying.

Hope your day is going well.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I decided to do the bedding today and some laundry, 5 loads. And... income taxes. Ugh. I do feel a sense of accomplishment this evening. Your baking looks good, I like Ree's cookbooks too.

Unknown said...

I love making jam...I need to do that this year. It was sunny and really nice here yesterday so I was outside most of the day but rain is coming so maybe I will get domestic!

Gail said...

Yes we did our taxes last week. Saturday was sunny and warm so went to Medford to 60 degree warmth. That left Sunday with rain doing the domestics.

HepKitten said...

That sounds delicious! I added cinnamon and cloves to my blueberry jam I canned before Christmas and I was surprised at how yummy it was. It didn't last long!