Sunday, November 8, 2009

Beeswax candlemaking


Yesterday my daughter and granddaughter and myself went to EcoMart to learn how to make beeswax candles and lip balm. It was so interesting and a lot of fun to learn how to make these. My daughter and I decided we are going to make some more lip balm for gifts or for sale, so we purchased what we need to make up a pretty good batch of them. The balm is such a nice smooth refreshing feel on the lips and the peppermint is a tingly feel. Very easy to apply and pretty pink. I think this could be something we could do when we all need to have a new supply of lip balm. The candles were also easy to make and I love how they all turned out. It took some patience but very simple procedures.
Now I'm waiting for whatever their next class will be. I would love to learn how to make my own massage oils. There are so many wonderful oils on the market, one could go nuts. I'm even thinking of trying my own homemade soaps but I have so many I have purchased that I really need to use them up first.

No comments: