Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Southern Pecan Bars


I got this recipe from a 'sister' farmgirl and she was right to say these are yummy! I've never made anything like this before and it was really easy to do. So for those of you who don't go on the MaryJane site, I will give you the recipe so you can try them yourself. You won't be dissapointed.


Best-ever Southern Pecan Bars

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt (optional)
2 cups all purpose flour
4 large eggs, beaten
1-1/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups pecan pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In large bowl beat butter, sugar, and salt at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add flour mixing well to combine. Press into the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan. (I lined the bottom with parchment paper). Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is lightly golden.

In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Pour over baked crust. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool completely in pan. Cut into bars. Makes about 2 dozen bars.
Enjoy!

No comments: