Sunday, November 15, 2009

Girls Night Out

Last night Faith and I went to the Ross Ragland Theatre and saw a group called Hotel California doing a Salute to the Eagles. If you ever get a chance to see them, you should. They were so good. They sing just like the Eagles, sound like them and play some fabulous guitar. It did'nt hurt that they were nice to look at either.
As I sat there looking around at all the people in the place, I realized that I'm older and still loving rock and roll. So many were dressed to the tee and some were ready to boogie to the music. After their final song, we had to get them back on stage for more. Out they came and got a lot of us out of our chairs and dancing to the music.
After nearly three hours of loud music, my ears a bit numb, I had to drive home wishing the night could continue. But then again, the minute my head hit the pillow, this old gal was out.
I have to say, it brought back many good memories of having live music in my home while my kids were growing up and many friends and family to share it with. I need to put more of this music back into my life as it keeps me feeling young at heart.

No comments: